7 Minutes in Heaven with: VIVA VOCE
Kevin and Anita Robinson, the couple that is Viva Voce, may be based out of Portland, OR, but their roots are in the Southeast. We’d like to think that is a big part of why they are so awesome.
They’ve toured with the likes of the Shins and Jimmy Eat World and released several critically acclaimed albums over the years. This year is no exception as they dropped the impressive The Future Will Destroy You in June.
Here they answer our seven simple questions and offer a few musical acts they think you should check out (after you download their great free track to the right).
If you like what you hear, you can catch them at The Earl in Atlanta on October 1st.
Artist Website: www.vivavoce.com
1. Where are you from and how long have you been making music?
We come from the buckle of the bible belt, currently live in patchouli laden hippy heaven and we’ve been making music ever since drop D & big muff pedals were considered cool.
2. Describe your sound in 5 words:
Bing. Bang. Bong. Bung. Booooooyaaaaah!
3. Who would you list as your top 3 musical influences?
1. Pasta & Netflix
2. A freshly mowed lawn
3. A bank account in the black.
4. If you were to choose one song from your most recent release to share with our readers, what would it be and why?
“No Ship Coming In” off our new album, The Future Will Destroy You. It’s an epic tune Anita wrote.
5. What were your 5 favorite albums of 2010?
1. Ace Frehley – s/t
2. The Power Station – s/t
3. Cinderella – Night Songs
4. Dio – Holy Diver
5. Bill Monroe – 16 gems
6. Name a band that we might not have heard of yet but we should definitely check out?
The Masters Apprentices! I can’t stress this band enough! “Choice Cuts” is one of the best records classic rock radio never had the balls to play.
7. What’s been the most exciting thing about 2011 for you so far and what do you have to look forward to?
Well….we have this new record called “The Future Will Destroy You”. That’s pretty big & exciting!
*photo credit: Sarah Jurado