7 Minutes in Heaven with: Heyrocco
HeyroccoArtist Bandcamp: heyrocco.bandcamp.com Artist Facebook: facebook.com/Heyrocco
Heyrocco is: Nathan Merli, Christopher Cool, and Tanner Cooper.
Bio: “Oh hi, I didn’t see you there. Explosions? Yeah, I guess you could say we’re into that sort of thing. After touring throughout the southeast with acts such as Mutemath, Miniature Tigers, and Sequoyah; (shitchea we just used a semi-colon) Heyrocco recorded some songs and stuff with all kinds of famous people including Eric Bass (Shinedown), Kanye West (Kanye West),Jeff and Eric (Dante’s Camaro). They plan to release their debut record, “Comfort”, sometime later this year. This heartfelt composition has had several months to marinate and displays maturity in songwriting as well as musicianship. With music being compared to artists such as The Killers, Coldplay, and Arcade Fire, this group of young musicians is welcoming in their rapidly growing fan-base one by one.”
* Heyrocco will be playing at The Rookery in Macon on February 11th at The Rookery, along with tour mates Nelson the Hippo & Wylie. Do your self a big favor and go see them. Wylie is incredible too. So I can only imagine about NtH.
1. Where are you from and how long have you been making music?
We are from Charleston, SC and have been kicking jamz since early 2010.
2. Describe your sound in five words:
Saucy. Explosions. (the sound effect, not the band) Alternative. Atmospheric. Fuzz. Chris says it’s more like “Van Down By The River”
3. Who would you list as your top three musical influences?
Nate: Peter Silberman, Joel Hamilton, Temper Trap
Tanner: The Working Title, Steve Jordan, Kristian Mattson
4. If you were to choose one song from your most recent release to share with our readers, what would it be and why?
We’ll probably go with “Rave Monks”. It has the elements, sound, and feel were going for. We’ve had a good response from it live so we’re anticipating the reception from the recording.
5. What were your five favorite albums of 2011?
The Antlers’ Burst Apart, Yuck’s Yuck, Slow Runner’s Damage Points, The Lonely Forest’s Arrows and Neon Indian’s Era Extrana
6. Name a band that we might not have heard about yet but should definitely check out?
We Barbarians. And Radiohead, they’re going to be huge.
7. What’s been the most exciting thing about 2012 for you so far and what do you have to look forward to?
Other than theBlueIndian.com interview via iPhone, we are super psyched on the record were going to put out in February called ‘Comfort’. Were also anxious as a dog to tour a good bit and see some of the country.