7 Minutes in Heaven with: Triathalon
TRIATHALONArtist Bandcamp: www.triathalon.bandcamp.com Artist Facebook: www.facebook.com/triathalon
Triathalon is: Adam Intrator, Alex Previty, Derrick Minyard, Michael Younker, and Hunter Jayne
Bio: What started as an art school dorm room project for a Texas transplant living in Savannah has grown into a full band that’s fresh on the minds of people all around the city. Triathalon is quickly making a name for themselves in Savannah through house parties and club shows with fellow label-mates CUSSES. While a relatively young band, these kids are well on their way to making their mark on the music scene around Georgia. * They were featured as the opening track on TheBlueIndian.com Compilation Vol 3 and will be opening for Baby Baby, JuBee & The Morning After and Rubblebucket in Macon on February 9th*
1. Where are you from and how long have you been making music?
Adam Intrator (vocals/guitar – Dallas) started Triathalon in the summer of 2010 with the recording of Relationchips EP. He recorded it with Alex Previty (drums – Cleveland) in his dorm room. After booking the first show they realized they needed a full band. So Derrick Minyard (guitar – Atlanta) and Michael Younker (bass – Detroit) joined three days before the night of the show. Hunter Jayne (guitar/keys – Atlanta) attended the show and humbly submitted his candidacy as the fifth member. All of us together have been playing since Fall of 2011 but we all come from respective backgrounds in music. All of us study some form of visual art at SCAD but music for us has always been something we enjoy making.
2. Describe your sound in 5 words:
Nostalgic, Youthful, Juicy, Sunny and Wet
3. Who would you list as your top 3 musical influences?
The Band, The Temptations, The Ventures
4. If you were to choose one song from your most recent release to share with our readers, what would it be and why?
“Teenager” – There is something about being a selfish 16 year old that most people can relate to and we really love to play a song everyone can jam out to.
5. What were your 5 favorite albums of 2011?
1) Jacuzzi Boys – Glazin’ 2) Toro Y Moi – Underneath the Pine 3) Explosions in the Sky – Take Care, Take Care, Take Care 4) Smith Westerns – Dye it Blonde 5) Tennis – Cape Dory
6. Name a band that we might not have heard of yet but we should definitely check out?
7. What’s been the most exciting thing about 2012 for you so far and what do you have to look forward to?
Definitely playing shows outside of Savannah and learning to better understand each other’s musical and personal brainz. We are also really stoked to get rowdy and play and party with other bands!