7 Minutes in Heaven with: EVAN ANDREE
It’s been just shy of a month since Middle Georgia’s Evan Andree released his latest EP. We asked Evan to answer a few questions so that you can get to know him a bit better.
1. Where are you from and how long have you been making music?
Born in Orlando – raised in Atlanta. I’ve been creating music since I was 13 and tried a few indie bands between then and now. I’ve been doing the solo thing for serious for about a year, year and a half.
2. Describe your sound in 5 words:
3. Who would you list as your top 3 musical influences?
It changes monthly. Alltime topsies: Ryan Adams, The National, MXPX
4. If you were to choose one song from your most recent release to share with our readers, what would it be and why?
“Mr. Teleportation” because it’s about teleporting and it rocks hard.
5. What are your 5 favorite albums of 2012?
Beach House – Bloom
Two Door Cinema Club – Beacon
Passion Pit – Gossamer
Purity Ring – Shrines
Kid Rock – Rebel Soul
6. Name a band that we might not have heard of yet but we should definitely check out?
7. What’s been the most exciting thing about 2012 for you so far and what do you have to look forward to?
Hopefully two or three new records. I’m serious. And I’ll be producing several records for other folks. It’s all in the works.